Saint Mary Academy is a Catholic school where learning takes place in a welcoming community with a family atmosphere.
- Our faculty and staff are committed to Catholic education and to Saint Mary Academy.
- We focus on the academic, spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of our students.
- We provide differentiated instruction in our classrooms to enable our students to reach their full potential and our staff includes a learning differences coordinator, curriculum coordinator, and counselor.
- We provide a safe and secure learning environment for our students.
- 2015 National Blue Ribbon
- We have state-of-the art facilities that include: full size gymnasium, after school program, technology/media center, and science lab.
- Our students produce WSMA, a live news broadcast each day, as well as classrooms enhanced with sound reinforcement systems, and SmartBoards and Clevertouches, which are interactive white boards, and a 3D printer.
- We sponsor co-curricular activities including the Duke Talent Identification Program (TIP), G.A.T.E.S., Geography Bee, Governor’s Cup, Quick Recall, Book Bee, Scouts, 4-H, After School Drama, Choir, Creative Writing, Art Classes, Robotics, Girls on the Run, and Spelling Bee.
- Our 7th and 8th grade students participate in a variety of elective courses on resource day and our House program to build community and leadership skills.
- We offer a 3 and 4 year old Preschool program and a Kindergarten through 8th grade program.
- We offer a complete competitive sports program to include Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Basketball, Swimming, Soccer, Softball, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Track, Archery, and Field Hockey
- Each student in grades K-8 have their own iPads to enhance learning.
Saint Mary Academy is accredited by AdvancEd as a member of the Archdiocese of Louisville.
The mission of Saint Mary Academy is to educate students spiritually, academically, emotionally and socially through a curriculum rooted in the Roman Catholic faith. Students are educated in a manner that fosters academic excellence, provides a supportive atmosphere and develops students to be responsible, moral members of their church and community.
Saint Mary Academy is a school where each child’s academic, spiritual and emotional needs are met at the highest level possible. In partnership with parents, Faculty and Administrators support students in their academic efforts and model Christian behavior and values each day.
Students feel safe emotionally and physically and are encouraged to develop creative expression and pursue individual talents. Saint Mary Academy maintains a model Catholic community that encourages each member to grow toward fulfillment as a total person and a child of God.
The 2007-2008 school year marked the inaugural year of Saint Mary Academy where classes started on August 15th. Saint Mary Academy is the result of the merger and regionalization of Mother of Good Counsel Parish School and Immaculate Conception Parish School. Saint Mary Academy serves Preschool through Eighth Grade students and is the first regional school in the Archdioceses of Louisville built from the ground up.
The Board of Directors and school parents of SMA share a common vision of a first class Catholic school while preserving the sense of community and family atmosphere. This vision is fully supported by the pastor at St. Bernadette, Father Jeff Nicolas, as well as the Archdiocese.