Technology instruction at Saint Mary Academy has three purposes: to improve and expand activities in the general curriculum that relate to specific areas of instruction, to develop problem solving skills by introducing students to technology and tools in order to prepare them for high school, and finally to equip and educate students about Internet Safety, their digital footprint and their responsibilities in being a respectable Digital Citizen. Focus is placed on the use and integration of technology in all aspects of the curriculum through cross-curricular projects that promote using technology and information resources for problem-solving, critical thinking and the decision-making processes. Students at SMA will learn and utilize cloud computing on a daily basis with Google Apps for Education and other web tools and apps.
- A state of the art projector and screen in the gym with wireless capabilities
- Audio enhancement systems in classrooms
- New apps for the iPads to support teaching and learning.
- A 3D printer through grant money
- 1:1 completion continues in grades 4th-8th.
- Advancement of 1:1 devices for grades 1st-3rd in the classroom. Kindergarten is 2:1 in the classroom.
- Continual Professional Development to ensure faculty and staff are up to date on the latest technology uses in the classroom
- Upgraded the server room with new switches